NOW AVAILABLE TO GRADES 2-12!
Please Note: Each team competing must be registered separately, even if they have the same school/coach. Registration must be completed by February 29th to compete.
- Jan 9, 7-8PM , Optional Parents/Teachers/Coaches Only, Tool Safety Training & Sea Perch Program Overview , South County Tech School
- Jan 11, Community Build Day 1, Kit Distribution 8-11 am, Spark!
- Feb 8, Community Build Day 2, Spark! 8-11 am
- Feb 29, Community Build Day 3, South County Tech
- You must register your teams & indicate how many kits you need (only one kit per registered team)
- If you take a kit you are committing to competing at the St. Louis event
- Registration will start November 1st and you must be registered by Feb 29 or you will not be allowed to compete,
- Kits will be distributed at 1st build day-Jan 11
- If not attending build days, special arrangements must be made to receive kits
FUN UNDERWATER ROBOTICS
SeaPerch is an innovative underwater robotics program available to grades 2-12 that equips teachers and students with the resources they need to build an underwater Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) in an in-school or out-of-school setting.
SeaPerch is an innovative underwater robotics program that equips teachers and students with the resources they need to build an underwater Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) in an in-school or out-of-school setting. Students build the ROV from a kit comprised of low-cost, easily accessible parts, following a curriculum that teaches basic engineering and science concepts with a marine engineering theme. The SeaPerch Program provides students with the opportunity to learn about robotics, engineering, science, and mathematics (STEM) while building an underwater ROV as part of a science and engineering technology curriculum. Throughout the project, students will learn engineering concepts, problem solving, teamwork, and technical applications.